The shoulder is one of the strongest and most active of our articulations due to the amount of different kinds of motion and combination of motions we can achieve. At the same time it is often abused. The leading causes of shoulder pain and restricted motion are rotator cuff tears, frozen shoulder and degenerative shoulder disease. Skiers, golfers, athletes and bodybuilders are among those most affected. The unique anatomy of the shoulder joint capsule allows the regenerative potential of stem cells and exosomes as well as for the healing properties of prp and ozone to treat swelling, repair tears and regenerate articular cartilage at the same time in a single procedure.
A successful treatment for shoulder conditions requires a complete understanding of the mechanism of injury, prior health status and a correct diagnosis. At PRMEDICA you will receive an inclusive medical assessment that includes an experienced clinical approach and is complemented with all the necessary lab work and modern medical imaging to ensure greater success of the procedure and meaningful long term improvement.
Our out-patient injection procedure for shoulder conditions is performed by an ultrasound and pain specialist under double doppler ultrasound guidance. It is minimally invasive and with little recovery time. You will be back at the golf course or the slopes at full strength in almost no time.
Stem Cell/Exosome Joint Injection Procedure
- The process starts with a clinical consultation and a focused orthopedic assessment. Xrays, ultrasound and/or MRI imaging and complete blood work are then performed to determine suitability for a stem cell treatment.
- Ozone therapy sessions might be indicated to treat pain, swelling and soft tissue injuries and prepare the joint for the injection. This aids to direct the stem cells into targeting the tissue that needs repairing or replacing.
- Depending on each condition, the attending physician recommends the amount of stem cells and exosomes to be used in each joint to be treated. The amount ranges between 25 and 50 million mesenchymal stem cells plus 1 to 5 ml. of exosomes. These therapeutic doses depend on the severity of the condition and are proven to give optimal results
- Each stem cell/exosome syringe is mixed with the patient´s own ozonated platelet rich plasma drawn and centrifuged that same day. This personalized mix provides the joint with your own healing factors, a powerful anti-inflammatory gas and the tissue regenerative potential of stem cells. The exosomes help further the stem cells’ differentiation process.
- The attending physician injects into the affected joint under double doppler ultrasound guidance to pinpoint with absolute precision the exact location of the injection. Mild relaxing medication and/or local anesthesia may also be applied.
In addition, the patient is given a vitamin and mineral supplement to help with the restoration of cartilage. As part of our Stem Cell/Exosome Joint Injection Procedure, we also recommend the Stem Cell Booster implant which is injected with a tiny needle under the skin of the belly. It contains nutrients derived from placenta and freeze-dried stem cells. The Stem Cell Booster implant nourishes the injected stem cells and boosts your own supply of stem cells to enhance the healing process.