Since the moment we start walking our knees receive impact and bear weight. Overtime, we start feeling symptoms of wear, disease, injuries and old age. Pain, stiffness and swelling can quickly become crippling and limit a high quality and active lifestyle. Today, our regenerative therapies allows us to restore function, mobility and eliminate pain without the temporary symptomatic relief of steroid injections or the invasive surgical alternative of knee replacements with long recovery times and low success rate for long term relief.
At PRMEDICA we are going to perform a complete medical assessment and develop a comprehensive treatment plan that will address your condition and the underlying causes. Treatments for knee conditions are our most successful procedures, having a high percentage of patients with good, long term and significant results.
PRMEDICA in conjunction with our associated laboratories have developed a very successful procedure for joint treatment that includes a personalized amount of mesenchymal stem cells, exosomes and ozonated platelet rich plasma injected directly into the intra-articular space of the joint. This single session procedure provides short and long term benefits of the treated joint.
Here are details of the Stem cell/Exosome Joint Injection Procedure:
- The process starts with a clinical consultation and a focused orthopedic assessment. Xrays, ultrasound and/or MRI imaging and complete blood work are then performed to determine suitability for a stem cell treatment.
- Ozone therapy sessions might be indicated to treat pain, swelling and soft tissue injuries and prepare the joint for the injection. This aids to direct the stem cells into targeting the tissue that needs repairing or replacing.
- Depending on each condition, the attending physician recommends the amount of stem cells and exosomes to be used in each joint to be treated. The amount ranges between 25 and 50 million mesenchymal stem cells plus 1 to 5 ml. of exosomes. These therapeutic doses depend on the severity of the condition and are proven to give optimal results.
- Each stem cell/exosome syringe is mixed with the patient´s own ozonated platelet rich plasma drawn and centrifuged that same day. This personalized mix provides the joint with your own healing factors, a powerful anti-inflammatory gas and the tissue regenerative potential of stem cells. The exosomes help further the stem cells´ differentiation process.
- The attending physician injects into the affected joint under double doppler ultrasound guidance to pinpoint with absolute precision the exact location of the injection. Mild relaxing medication and/or local anesthesia may also be applied.
In addition, the patient is given a vitamin and mineral supplement to help with the restoration of cartilage. As part of our Stem Cell/Exosome Joint Injection Procedure, we also recommend the Stem Cell Booster implant which is injected with a tiny needle under the skin of the belly. It contains nutrients derived from placenta and freeze-dried stem cells. The Stem Cell Booster implant nourishes the injected stem cells and boosts your own supply of stem cells to enhance the healing process.